Life Coaching Vs. Therapy
Coaching is a "designed alliance." Don't expect a therapy session when you meet for a coaching session. In simple terms, a therapist's role is to diagnose emotional wounds of the past that have become stumbling blocks in the present. Life coaching takes the view that you are already whole, complete and have your own answers. A coach supports you in moving your life forward by bringing out those answers through thoughtful questioning and gentle guidance, propelling a cycle of exploration, learning and effective change. The coaching method we employ meets the Core Competencies of the International Coaching Federation and follows the co-active coaching approach.
Tenets behind Life Coaching
- You are creative, resourceful and whole. There is nothing "broken" and nothing to "fix".
- You have your own path so the agenda is YOURS.
- The coach is merely a learning conduit who must "dance" to your steps to help you find your own answers.
- You have a whole life. It is an integrated series of systems that interact with all other parts. We look at the whole you and how each issue affects the rest of the system.
Will you Benefit from Equine Assisted Life Coaching?
How do you know if you would benefit from this work? You may ask yourself these questions:
- Are you satisfied and content with your life?
- Do you feel your life is in balance?
- Do you have enough money for the things you truly want?
- Do you feel supported by your spiritual beliefs?
- Do you love your career, job and employer?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
"Old habits die hard" is the old saying. There is a natural tendency to keep things as they are. But are these old habits serving you? Are you willing to step out of your comfort zone to embody change? The mutual commitment and "designed alliance" of a coaching relationship can help you step beyond that comfort zone and explore a new way of being in your life with support, structure, and honesty.
No diagnosis, no therapy, no excuses, no getting stuck in a "story" that doesn't serve your greater good. Coaching moves you forward, not backward.